Happy National Chia Day! March 23rd each year is dedicated to this seed, measuring only 1 mm in diameter but packed with essential nutrients for the body! So to celebrate this tiny force of healthiness we of course, made pudding with our friends at Navitas Organics. Navitas Organics, an a healthy lifestyle brand that offers highest-quality organic superfoods to keep you energized. There’s so much to love about chia seeds, especially pudding.
National Chia Seed Day Pudding Celebration
One of my favorite ways to eat chia seeds is as a pudding. This easy recipe is made overnight – it makes a quick breakfast or mid-day snack. These seeds are not only high in fiber, but they absorb 10x their size in water helping you hydrate and feel feel satisfied and energized. This specific pudding recipe is topped with another superfood – goji and blueberry compote for even more benefits.
Superfood Recipe: Chia Seed Pudding with Goji + Blueberry Compote
Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of Navitas Organics Chia Seeds
- ½ cup of almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (or agave)
- Whisk seeds + almond milk + honey in a cup or bowl. Use a whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients – this way it doesn’t get clumpy. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Top with compote below
Goji + Blueberry Compote Recipe
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup Navitas Organics Goji Berries
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon honey (or agave)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Put goji berries, blueberries, honey or agave, and vanilla extract in a saucepan and mix.
- Turn the heat to low and cook ~10-15 minutes. Add water when it starts to look too dry and softly smash the blueberries. Keep stirring gently until the berries are soft.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and let cool.
- Put aside as a topping for your chia seed pudding
Health Benefits of Superfoods
Chia Seed Benefits
- Source of fiber
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- High in protein
- Source of iron
- Source of calcium
Goji Berry Benefits
- Stimulates anti-aging HGH
- Loaded with beta-carotene (healthy skin)
- Vitamin C (boost immune system)
- Increases libido
- Source of fiber
About The Author
Melissa, founder of Skinny Affair
Skinny Affair is a lifestyle blog I curated to give a dose of outfit inspiration. Get the skinny on my personal style as I share my favorite finds. I was born and raised in California and now I live on the East Coast in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Such a fun city! I love coffee, animals, sushi, yoga, shopping with my dog, wine, and long weekends. Find me on instagram @theskinnyaffair and my dog @maddieciao.